Monday, September 22, 2008

Time heals?

It's been a year. And when I go home I still expect Lyka to stand outside the elevator door, looking expectantly at the new arrival to the house. And call me crazy, but there have been several instances when I've just felt her presence, particularly near our dining table :) We still talk about her and tell stories, which I'm sure people are sick of hearing about. But she was our resident entertainer. So I guess that's a hazard outsiders just have to live with. I was recently cleaning out my camera memory card and came across a whole bunch of pictures I'd forgotten I had from my last week at home before I moved to Bombay. And they mostly revolve around Lyka. I've stored them away to look at them another time. I'm sure wherever she is now, she's chasing chickens and wondering what on earth is taking us so long to come to her.

No comments: